Next week on Tuesday, May 8, I will be attending Ayzenberg Group's the [a]list summit in Beverly Hills. The keynote speaker at this event will be Seamus Blackley, cocreator of the Xbox and founder of Innovative Leisure. Until recently, Blackley was an agent at the Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
Here's the agenda:
12:30 PM - Registration and Buffet Luncheon on the Terrace
With Ayzenberg Group's Chris Younger & Jullian Hollingshead
Keynote: Seamus Blackley
Xbox cocreator and founder of Innovative Leisure
Bringing Brands to YouTube
Featuring a panel of YouTube stars including Tobuscus, SeaNanners, and Olga Kay
The Content Creators
Interviews featuring creative minds Jace Hall, Joey Jones, Michael Chaves, and Chris Cowan
Greenlighting Content: What Should you Create, and Why?
Featuring Brad Hisey (Nexon) and Ryan Crosby (Activision Blizzard)
Building Desire with Earned and Owned Media: How Do You Engage People?
Featuring Ed Lin (Warner Bros.), Ryan Schneider (Insomniac Games), and Laura Naviaux (Sony Online Entertainment)
5:30 PM - Cocktails and Dinner on the Terrace
In 2010, I attended the [a]list summit in Napa Valley, which was the most amazing trade event I've ever attended. As part of the 100-person event, we toured Castello Di Amorosa with the Valley's best wine in hand, which I happily enjoyed alongside other entrepreneurs such as:
- Chris Ulm, cofounder of Appy Entertainment, High Moon Studios, and Malibu Comics;
- David Cole, founder of DFC Intelligence;
- Greg Short, cofounder of Electronic Entertainment Design and Research (EEDAR);
- David Perry, cofounder of Gaikai and founder of Shiny Entertainment;
- Lorne Lanning and Sherry McKenna, cofounders of Xmobb and Oddworld Inhabitants;
- and Nolan Bushnell, cofounder of Atari and many other companies.
I expect that the event's new format will prove interesting and, hopefully, just as valuable.
[Disclosure: Steve Fowler, the chief architect of the [a]list summit and general manager of [a]list games at Ayzenberg Group, is a member of the Board of Directors at Entertainment Media Council.]